Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Today I came across this reading and felt encouraged in a mighty way.  I often feel at the end of a day that I have not measured up.  I have not read enough books, I have not been patient enough, I have not taught enough for school that day to cause them to excel, I have not spent enough quality time with each of them, or I just haven't lived the Gospel before them.  While some of these question or reflections are good some are just plain guilt.  Christ does not call us to a life of condemnation but to a life of freedom.  These moments should cause me to move to the cross and be reminded that 2 Corinthians 12:9 is true and life giving.  Today I praise him because he is a forgiving God and because his mercies are new everyday.  Because of Christ I can be a better mother tomorrow.

http://theresurgence.com/2012/04/24/forgiveness-for-moms-who-fail

No comments:

Post a Comment